CUET syllabus has multiple components. CUET exam offers a wide range of courses that one can pursue during higher education. Here is an overview of the CUET syllabus 2024 which will provide you with a fair idea of what the exam will look like.
CUET Exam: Overview
CUET is a centralised exam conducted to grant admission to various public universities.
|Name of the exam||Common University Entrance Test|
|Mode of Conduction||Online, Computer Based Test|
|Participating Institutions||44 Central Universities|
|Exam dates||15 May 2023 to 31 May 2023|
|Question Type||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
CUET Participating Institutions
The official notification for CUET 2024 will be released on the official website of NTA, https://nta.ac.in/. As per last year, the expected list of CUET participating universities is as follows:
|Aligarh Muslim University||Central University of Karnataka||Jamia Millia Islamia||Tezpur University|
|Assam University||Central University of Kashmir||Jawaharlal Nehru University||The English and Foreign Languages University|
|Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University||Central University of Kerala||Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya||Tripura University|
|Banaras Hindu University||Central University of Odisha||Manipur University||University of Allahabad|
|Central University of Andhra Pradesh||Central University of Punjab||Maulana Azad National Urdu University||University of Delhi|
|Central University of South Bihar||Central University of Rajasthan||Mizoram University||University of Hyderabad|
|Central University of Gujarat||Central University of Tamil Nadu||Nagaland University||Visva Bharati University|
|Central University of Haryana||Dr. Harisingh Gaur Vishwa Vidyalaya||North Eastern Hill University||Mahatma Gandhi Central University|
|Central University of Himachal Pradesh||Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya||Pondicherry University||Central Sanskrit University,Delhi|
|Central University of Jammu||Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University||Rajiv Gandhi University||Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University|
|Central University of Jharkhand||Indira Gandhi National Tribal University||Sikkim University||National Sanskrit University|
CUET Syllabus 2024: Section-Wise
The CUET exam consists of 3 segments, i.e. language test, domain test, and general test. Therefore the syllabus has been laid out according to the sections in the exam.
Language Test: This part of the CUET syllabus focuses on applicants’ proficiency in language. The language that will be assessed through a language test must be chosen by the candidates. You must select two languages: one from IA and one from IB. The following languages are used in the two sections.
Languages under Section IA (13 in total)
English; Hindi; Telugu; Gujarati; Kannada; Malayalam; Marathi; Urdu; Tamil; Odiya; Punjabi; Bengali; Assamese.
Languages under Section IB (20 in total)
Konkani; Bodo; Dogri; French; Nepali; Persian; Italian; Arabic; Sindhi; Spanish; German; Russian; Japanese; Chinese; Tibetan; Kashmiri; Maithili; Manipuri; Santhali; Sanskrit.
Domain Test: This part of the CUET syllabus will focus on candidates’ familiarity with the subjects they studied in high school. The domain test measures the candidates’ deep understanding of a specific subject. According to what they have studied in their 12 and the course they plan to apply for, candidates must select domain subjects. If you decide to pursue a BSc in Physics, you must select Physics for the domain test. The following topics are available for selection on the domain test:
Accountancy/ Book-keeping; Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry; Business Studies; Economics/ Business Economics; Chemistry; Computer Science/ Informatics Practices; Entrepreneurship; Engineering Graphics; Geography/Geology; History; Home Science; Legal Studies; Environmental Science; Mathematics; Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga; Physics; Political Science; Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India; Psychology; Sociology; Agriculture; Mass Media/ Mass Communication; Teaching Aptitude; Anthropology; Fine Arts/Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting)/Commercial Arts; Performing Arts – (i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/Odissi/Kathakali/Kuchipudi/ Manipuri (ii) Drama- Theatre (iii) Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ RabindraSangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion); Sanskrit
Note: To know the subject-specific CUET syllabus 2024, refer to the CUET official notification 2024. It will be released well in time before the CUET 2024 exam.
CUET Syllabus: Preparatory Tips
- Make a study plan. Create a study plan once you are familiar with the syllabus. This will help you stay on track and make sure that you are covering all the important topics.
- Set realistic goals. Avoid attempting to cram everything into the final weeks before the exam. Set realistic goals for yourself and make sure that you can achieve them.
- Find a study partner. An excellent way to keep motivated and on track while studying is to do it with a friend or classmate. You can test one another, talk about ideas, and offer assistance to one another when you run into problems.
- Take pauses. It’s crucial to take pauses while studying. You can stay focused and prevent burnout by doing this. Every 20 to 30 minutes, get up and stretch, and take a longer break every couple of hours.
- Utilise effective studying methods. There are numerous study methods you might choose. Stick with the ones you find to be effective.
- Active recall: This involves testing yourself on the material that you are studying. This can be done by writing flashcards, quizzing yourself, or explaining the material to someone else.
- Mind mapping: This involves creating a visual representation of the material that you are studying. This can help you to see the relationships between different concepts.
- Chunking: This involves breaking down large pieces of information into smaller, more manageable chunks. This can make the material easier to learn and remember.
- Do practice tests. Taking practice exams is an excellent approach to evaluate your development and spot areas that require more work. Make sure to take timed practice exams so you can become accustomed to the format of the exam.
Although the CUET is a difficult test, it’s crucial to be optimistic and to keep practising hard. You will succeed if you put in the effort. Know the CUET syllabus thoroughly and start your preparations.