Do you want to take home a band 9.0? Well, we wish we had a magic wand that would make you Score Higher on the IELTS Test, but we don’t. Sob sob!
But don’t you worry, because even if we lack a magic wand, we have a magic bullet to make you ace your students IELTS exams. Really? What is it?
If you really wish to pass your International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test, then we suggest you give this guide a read. As below we have let the cat out of the bag to make you become aware of some things that you must know to pass this exam with flying colors.
So, wave your magic wand and follow these below-given expert bits of advice to score better in your exam.
Prepare To Give An Incredible IELTS Test With These Tips
Students Understand The Format And Scoring Of The IELTS Exam
Before you take an IELTS exam, it is wise to understand its format and scoring to mark yourself safe from panicking at the last moments. Shudder! You can get sample format papers from any IELTS and Dissertation Master service providers, and they would be glad to help you.
This test is based on 4 sections, and each of these parts assesses different skills. These sections include:
An IELTS test is scored on a 1 to 9-band scale, and each represents a level of proficiency in the language. The lowest score is 1 and to Score Highest on the IELTS Test you have to score 9 band. By knowing the scoring system and test format, you can develop an efficient strategy and prepare better for the exam to increase your score.
Improve Your English Language Proficiency
Well IELTS is basically a test you give to prove your efficiency in the English language, so it is common sense that you have to have a better grasp of this language. However, a lot of people don’t seem to understand this basic knowledge!
There are many ways through which you can improve your language proficiency. Such as by practicing sentence structure and grammar, expanding your vocabulary, as well as listening and reading English media you can work on your language skills.
By doing so, you will not only enhance your comprehension skills, but, you will also be exposed to various dialects and accents. So, do not hesitate to take notes and practice daily to improve your listening and reading skills.
Practice Time Management And Develop Test-Taking Strategies
Do you know that each of the IELTS exam sections has a specific time limit? So, it is better to prepare in advance to build strategies on how you plan on completing each section within the given time period. Craft an approach to answer each question efficiently and accurately and within the provided time frame, this practice will help you Score Higher on the IELTS Test.
If you want to perform well in your test, it is advised to work on your test-taking strategies along with time management skills. Because, unlike your lenient school teachers, these merciless examiners do not give you a single extra second. So, it is necessary to complete all the questions in the given time to mark yourself safe from dashing your hopes of acing this test. Plan your time wisely and avoid spending too much time on any question.
The best way to improve your time management, as well as test-taking strategies, is to practice on the sample questions and past papers. By doing so, you will become well aware of the types of questions that are asked, and how much time you should give to each question to avoid running out of time. Make use of a timer and try to work within the time limits.
Work On Bettering Your Skills
You have to work on various skills to Score Higher on your IELTS Test. These include listening, writing, reading, as well as speaking skills. The test sections are mainly based on these skills, so to score better, we suggest you try working on them right now!
- Practice Your Listening Skills: The best way to work on your listening skills is to listen to native English speakers. You can find any English news channel such as CNN or BBC News, or you can listen to TED talks, watch an English movie and try to understand each and every word that they are saying.
- Improve Your Reading Skills: Now you cannot give assignment writing service to someone who is in need of the best dissertation proofreading assistance, can you? The same is the case with IELTS exams. You have to have proper English skills, to ace this exam. So, start off by practicing your reading skills right now.
You can improve your reading skills by spending time reading newspapers, novels, documentaries, and much more. Find what interests you and start right from there to Score Higher on the IELTS Test.
- Enhance Your Writing Skills: To perform well in your exam, you need to have good sentence structure and grammar. One way to enhance your reading skills is by making it your habit to write something daily. By doing so, you will become more comfortable with writing. That is not all, it will also increase your writing speed, and it is definitely a win-win situation!
- Upgrade Your Speaking Skills: The last section – speaking section requires you to speak this language comfortably. So, to Score Higher on the IELTS Test, make it a habit of communicating in English with your family as well as friends to improve your accent and speak eloquently.
- Which is the most difficult section in an IELTS test?
Well, the answer to this question mainly depends on your weak points. However, for a lot of people, writing is the most difficult part of an IELTS exam. The answer varies from person to person. Reading can be difficult for some while listening can be trickiest for others. Similarly, speaking can be challenging for some candidates. So, identify your weak points and focus on them.
- How to get 9.0 in IELTS?
To score higher on the IELTS test, make sure you follow the below-given pieces of advice:
- Read loads of English books.
- Watch English-based movies and TV shows.
- Listen to news and TED talks.
- Practice your English speaking skills.
- Become your own judge and your own competition.
- Which score marks you as failed in IELTS?
Luckily, there is no system of passing or failing in IELTS. Phew! So, you are only graded on the basis of your performance, using scores from 1 to 9 for every section of the test i.e. speaking, listening, writing, and reading. The results from these sections make up an overall score.
Also Read more about how x*x*x is equal to 2 and enhance your knowledge.
In A Nutshell
And that’s how you will get that band 9.0! Well, we do agree that preparing for an IELTS test can be quite challenging. However, with the right strategies and a load more dedication, no one can stop you from Scoring Higher in your IELTS Test. By following the above-given bits of advice, we are sure that you will open room for a lot of opportunities for your bright future ahead!